Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Uninspired

Now that my swap projects are done, I'm feeling uninspired.

I started a knitted sock the other day. Ripped it out because it was waaaaay to big, started over with smaller needles. Got about 5 inches done, started to do the heel, and got frustrated and ripped it out again.

This morning I stuck some LB Homespun in my purse, and a giant (I think Q) crochet hook, figuring I'll just make a mile-long scarf to keep my hands busy.

But I really want a project. What I really NEED is a stash-buster. I guess I could do some more dishcloths - I've got plenty of cotton left. I could try again with the sock, but I really need to sit down and go through the book, or have someone who knows what they're doing sit with me, before I try that again. Plus the plain sock wasn't really holding my attention anyway, I want something with pattern and texture and excitement.

So give me some ideas. What do those of you who knit and crochet do when you're in a slump? What's your go-to project for keeping your hands busy?

1 comment:

Ben said...

OOH! OOH! I got one!

Goose could use a sweater!
seriously!
I figure it's small, kinda easy to do...

Just an idea :)