Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm hooked on socks!!

Well, so far at least!
When I bought my first (3) sets of dpns, and told the woman at the store that I had just taught myself to knit and hadn't tackled anything with dpns yet, but was looking forward to making socks, she sorta rolled her eyes at me and told me that I really should start with something more simple like a hat. Well HA! Who needs hats when you can go straight for the big fish and make socks?

After some brief initial confusion (why does this say four needles? the picture only shows three? Do I knit one stitch from each needle to the next and turn it as I go?) I've got it down and am almost done with the suggested 2" of 2x2 ribbing.

If the yarn looks familiar, good for you! It's the same stuff I used to make my bamboo hook case. I didn't want to use anything superspecial, in case they didn't turn out, but I also didn't want to use RHSS. I have a whole bunch of this and a whole bunch of light blue (both worsted weight) that I'm going to practice with before I get into the two superspecial handpainted 100% merino sock yarns I bought as incentive.

Think sock-y thoughts for me!

1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

Love the color! Can't wait to see them all done!