Monday, February 4, 2008

I have the best friends - EVER!

In light of the recent breakup news, my good friends Ben & Amanda came down to work today to have lunch with me. They even brought me bento from Du's Grill. Now that's love.

It was nice to see them. Ben and I have been friends for... gosh... 13 years? His wife, Amanda, is awesome too. They brought their dogs, Duck and Goose, with them. Goose is just a pup but growing like a weed and too cute for words. Duck is a little older, and in the brief visit I got to have it seems like having a puppy around has made Duck mature a little ;)

It was nice to have not only the distraction, but the support. My mom's been great, but there's a big difference between the mothering, concern kind of support and the commisserating, good friend kind of support. It's good to have both. The offer of a couch to crash on and puppies to play with helps, too.

In other news, the apartment search is underway. Not a whole lot of luck yet, but I have a list of a few places to look at. I don't think I'm asking a lot, just a studio for under $550 that will let me keep my pit bull-mix dog and is on one of the three bus lines that runs near my office. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: