Friday, February 22, 2008

Condo Update

Well there's good news, and there's not-so-good news.

In the good news department, my credit and all things related to it could be a lot worse. There's a couple of things on my report that should have been discharged with the bankruptcy, and I'm going to look into those. There's also a couple of more recent things that hopefully I'll be able to negotiate and pay off in the near future. Having paid down my credit card will help, and keeping the car for as long as we can would help too. We'll see about that one.

In the not-so-good-news department, all this means that I do not qualify for a loan to get into my beloved studio right now.

But more good news is that there are still two phases of this building project to be completed, and in the time it takes to build them I should be able to repair much of my credit. Also my good buddy and licensed real estate agent Amanda is going to walk me through some other opportunities that might help me get into a place sooner.

1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

Good luck! I know what you mean about tough credit. Mine isn't bad but hubby's is and we have plenty of credit card debt. We're not even looking into buying anythere here. A studio apartment in NYC starts at about 200,000 if you're lucky.