Tuesday, March 4, 2008

More sock love

I know, I know - shut up already about the socks. Just be glad that you're not my mother, roommate, roommate's girlfriend, or ex - they get the sock excitement even worse than you do!


My friend Sally (blogless) last night asked me how many pairs of socks I'd finished, because I was so excited I wouldn't shut up. The answer is, sadly, none. I apparently have caught singlesockitis. And honestly, I haven't technically finished the first sock either, because it's still on its last two needles waiting for me to get over my fear of toe grafting.


But never have I let lack of finishing one project keep me from starting a second. So I've started my first "real" pair of socks.

The pattern: Based on Silver's Sock Class, with a little twist of my own

And yes, in the picture, I'm using paper clips as stitch markers. Ghetto, I know, but my real stitch markers are at home. I've already frogged this (rip-it, rip-it) twice, but I think I've got it this time. I'm using a stitch pattern that is 16 stitches wide and 8 rows long and I was having trouble keeping track. Repeat after me - stitch markers are my friend! And having both a chart and written instructions on hand - on the same piece of paper even - helps tons too.

In other news, I'm going to be teaching a crochet/knit class for The Bridge. Any Portland-area folks are of course welcome to come along. Leave your email in comments if you're interested in learning or co-teaching. If all goes well it will probably be a monthly class, with perhaps a 2nd night each month for coffee/beer/SnB.

No sesame-flavored love the past few days, but I'm going to make some chicken salad tonight, and I'm sure sesame will make an appearance. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

That is a very pretty sock yarn! I'm sure you'll fiish both pairs in time. I don't even know what grafting is! Good luck with the socks!