Thursday, January 24, 2008

Woohoo, look what I can do!


Nope, you're not seeing things. That, my friends, is KNITTING! And I did it! Woohoo!
So it's not greatly pretty, but I'm happy. I can't knit to save my life but I am bound and determined to learn. I even picked up Knitting for Dummies. This is definately a start.
It's Lion Suede, which I picked because A) it's chunky, B) it was in my stash, and C) I won't be able to insert my needle between plies. And I'm using acrylic needles, size US 10.5. Just knit stitches for now, but once I get the hang of it I'll try some purls. The hardest part has been tension. I was keeping the yarn WAY too tight at first. Now it feels a little too loose, but that's better than tight. Practice, practice, practice!

3 comments:

Laurah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurah said...

Congratulations! I never did catch on to the whole knitting thing. I really a crocheter, but knitting does have it's advantages. I hold my yarn in the opposite hand than for crochet. Weird, huh? I'm a lefty also, so that might have something to do with it. Can't wait to see some purls!

Royal.Empress said...

Yay! You're one of us now ;) Welcome.