Monday, October 29, 2007

Rata-tat-tat-touille

Well, I finished my costume! Wore it to the Bridge yesterday and was having a great time. Then Annie's ex showed up. Awkward!

It's not like there's really anything to be awkward about, at least for me. It's not like I "stole" Annie from her (they'd been broken up for a looooong time before I came along). But I think it was just knowing that we'd all been sort of friends at one time, and then all of a sudden this girl is straight and into Jesus (not that being into Jesus is a bad thing) and Annie's left going, "huh?"

So, it was weird. But Annie's costume was a total hit, and so was mine, and that was the important part.

Rhionna's birthday was also a huge hit. Super-kudos to Tim for doing the bulk of the work to make this way-too-genuine Ratatouille recipe I found. It was a pain but it was also delicious. The kids didn't like it, but it was vegetables so I don't think anyone expected them to. I'll post some pictures from the party later. Hmmm, that makes me wonder if anyone took pictures of the finished ratatouille before we devoured it.








Next crochet project on the list is the shrug I have to make (and wear) so that Mom will get off my case about not wearing a jacket :) Oh and I'll post pictures of my finished costume later, too.

No comments: