Thursday, May 22, 2008

Looking downhill at 30

Last Friday was my 27th birthday. My mom, who works (or worked, since she's changing jobs) on the same team as I do, brought in a cake for me. I love how the flowers look like hibiscus.


That night we went to Joe's Crab Shack for buckets o' crab and trash cans o' booze.

Carol and Sue, long-time friends of my mom

Linda (my new roommate) and Shylent (my old roommate)

Amanda and Ben, both a little incognito

Me and my mommy :)

Some of the Mags (Mag 7, who aren't really 7 anymore) - it really touched me that they came because they were "Annie's friends" at first.

My dear friend Sarah, who has known me for 20 years. Yikes!

At Joe's, they don't just sing happy birthday. They make you dress up like a total dweeb and do really embarrassing things. Much tequila was necessary for this, where I had to wear a crown and big goofy sun glasses and bang together two lids and make a full run through the restaurant while they sang.


And the best part is that my friends A) really know me and B) really love me. They bought me a bottle of Patron!!


Much birthday happiness.

1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birhtday to you!
Happy Birhtday dear Zarah!!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!

It looks like you had a great time on your birthday!